11th WORLD IFYE CONFERENCE
8 - 16 September 2018
"Cruisin' with IFYE"
Hosted by the IFYE Association of the USA
2018 WORLD CONFERENCE UPDATES (AUGUST 7, 2018)
- INSIDE STATEROOMS - "Inside Staterooms on the cruise are sold out. Before you register for the World IFYE Conference, please contact Gillian Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Cruise Specialists for information on the availability and cost of remaining staterooms. If you reserve a stateroom that meets your needs, please remember to register for the conference.”
- THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO (from Holland America) Auto Download Online
- EMAIL REMINDERS to PARTICIPANTS
Cruise Vancouver, British Columbia to Seward, Alaska aboard Holland America Line ms Noordam
The registration fee for the 11th World IFYE Conference is USD $55 per person and includes the following events when the cruise is booked through Cruise Specialists, the designated conference travel agent:
- Early boarding onto the ship
- Welcome reception on Sunday with an open bar, as well as hot and cold appetizers
- Opening ceremony on Monday
- Regional IFYE meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Hospitality receptions and social activities throughout the cruise
- Seating at dinner in the main dining room with the IFYE group
- Closing ceremony on Saturday
The conference begins with two optional events at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel on 8 September 2018:
- 1968 IFYE 50th Anniversary Gathering and Brunch for all IFYEs who traveled on the IFYE program in 1968 and guest(s).
- IFYE “Meet and Greet”, a chance to visit and reconnect with IFYEs and/or others
Lodging Options in Vancouver before the cruise:
IFYE has two blocks of rooms available at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel for 8 September 2018.
- The IFYE group rate for the first 100 rooms is $199 Canadian Dollars (CAD) per room for single or double occupancy; $219 for triple occupancy; and $239 for quad occupancy. All rooms are subject to tax which is currently 17.16 %.
- Once that block of rooms is reserved, the IFYE group rate for the next 50 rooms will increase to $249 Canadian Dollars (CAD) per room for single or double occupancy; $269 for triple occupancy; and $289 for quad occupancy. All rooms are subject to tax which is currently 17.16%.
- These room rates are also available 5, 6, 7 September 2018.
Your credit card information will be collected at the Sheraton hotel front desk when you check in. Lodging and other expenses are payable upon checkout. If you plan to stay at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, you MUST reserve the hotel room when you register for the World IFYE Conference.
The 7-day Alaskan Cruise will depart Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on 9 September with optional shore excursions at the following ports of call: Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, with a day of scenic cruising in Glacier Bay. You will depart the cruise in Seward, Alaska on 16 September 2018.
The World IFYE Conference officially ends when the cruise finishes on 16 September 2018. You can make arrangements to:
- fly home from Anchorage
- cruise back to Vancouver
- sign up for a land tour through Holland America OR
- sign up for one of the tours organized EXCLUSIVELY for IFYE.
Cancellations/Refunds - All refund requests must be made by 30 JUNE 2018 and EMAILED to:
SUBJECT LINE: 2018 World IFYE Conference - refund
For further information, please call TEL: 217-652-8879 (within USA) or International +01217-652-8879 (outside of USA)
Refunds will be made if cancellation/ refund request is EMAILED by 30 JUNE 2018. Refunds will not be issued after 01 JULY 2018 except in the case of documented medical or family emergency. All conference refund requests are subject to a USD $20 administrative fee.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THE 2018 WORLD CONFERENCE
(READ ME FIRST) TIPS FOR ATTENDING THE 11th WORLD CONFERENCEE
- TIPS - (PDF) (auto download) (Updated 02 March 2018)
- TIPS - (PDF) (view online) (Updated 02 March 2018)
CRUISE LINE INFORMATION
2018 WORLD IFYE CONFERENCE INFORMATION
REGISTER NOW (Click Below)
- THE 2018 WORLD IFYE CONFERENCE including cruise
- SUPPLEMENTAL TICKETS (This is for individuals registered for Conference and Cruise but need to add an item.)
- PRE-CRUISE ONLY (This is only for those individuals NOT going on the cruise.)