To become a 2018 IFYE:
- You will be expected to be an active participant as a member of your host family.
- Successful participants must be able to think on their feet and represent themselves and their country positively.
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- Application, interview, orientation, and debriefing required.
- Participation fee is $3,000 for both the three- and six-month programs. Program fee payment method to be discussed individually with National Program Director upon submission of application. This covers only about 15% of the total cost, with alumni and outside sources contributing the balance.
- Scholarships may be available through your state. Please check with National Program Director, Alan Lambert (email@example.com) for this availability.
Further information can be obtained from
- Checking other information /links under “Exchange Programs” on this website (see links on left),
- Alan Lambert, IFYE National Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-366-6107.